Alzheimer’s Pakistan’s Visit to Punjab University5 December, 2017
TNS Dementia Friends5 December, 2017
Civil Services Academy of Pakistan as per its annual calendar of events, sent a group of 15 probationary officers to Alzheimer’s Pakistan. Probationary Officers of the 43rd Common Training Program of the Civil Services Academy visited Alzheimer’s Pakistan on January 4th 2016 and January 5th 2016 for an experience in Community Service. On the Day 1 the group visited Central Park Medical College Lahore and following presentations were given to the Probationary Officers:
- Introduction to Alzheimers by Prof. Yasmin Rashid, Patron Alzheimer’s Pakistan.
- Alzheimer’s disease & Its Impact by Dr. Nasarullah, Neurologist WAPDA Hospital.
- MMSE test in Dementia by Dr. Faisal; Central Park Medical College Lahore.
- On the Day 2 of the visit, the Probationary Officers visited the Alzheimer’s Daycare Center at Johar Town Lahore. They were given the following presentation:
- Introduction to Alzheimer’s Pakistan by Dr. Hussain Jafri, Secretary General Alzheimer’s Pakistan.
- Day Care Center and the services provided at the center by Mr. Hussain Jafri, Secretary General of Alzheimer’s Pakistan
The Probationary Officers spent time with people with Dementia and Alzheimer’s disease (PWD). They participated in different activities relating to cognitive and physical stimulation. The Probationary Officers brought sweets for PWDs and female officers groomed female PWDs by applying nail polish and Hena on their hands. The Probationary Officers of the 43rd Common Training program of the Civil Services Academy appreciated the efforts of Alzheimer’s Pakistan in providing services to PWD and their families and volunteered their services to Alzheimer’s Pakistanvar.