Step Towards Creating Dementia Friendly Community23 February, 2019
Day Care Services in Karachi23 February, 2019
People with dementia sometimes need a helping hand to go about their daily lives and feel included in their local community. To provide this helping hand, Dementia Friends aims to give people an understanding of dementia and the small things that they can do to make a difference. From helping someone to find the right bus, to spreading the word about dementia on social media – every action counts!
To become a Dementia Friend, a person needs to understand these five key messages and then commit to at least one dementia-friendly action.
Our Dementia Friends programme focuses on five key messages that we believe everyone should know about dementia:
· Dementia is not a natural part of ageing.
· Dementia is caused by diseases of the brain.
· It is not just about losing your memory.
· It’s possible to live well with dementia.
· There is more to the person than the dementia.